Article 38 – from the Regulatory Reform
(Fire Safety) Order 2005 states:
Maintenance of measures provided for protection of fire-fighters
(1) Where necessary in order to safeguard the safety of fire-fighters in the event of a fire, the responsible person must ensure that the premises and any facilities, equipment and devices provided in respect of the premises for the use by or protection of fire-fighters under this Order or under any other enactment, including any enactment repealed or revoked by this Order, are subject to a suitable system of maintenance and are maintained in an efficient state, in efficient working order and in good repair.
(2) Where the premises form part of a building, the responsible person may make arrangements with the occupier of any premises forming part of the building for the purpose of ensuring that the requirements of paragraph (1) are met.
(3) Paragraph (2) applies even if the other premises are not premises to which this Order applies.
(4) The occupier of the other premises must co-operate with the responsible person for the purposes of paragraph (2).
(5) Where the occupier of the other premises is not also the owner of those premises, the reference to the occupier in paragraphs (2) and (4) are to be taken to be references to both the occupier and the owner.